Wednesday, September 9, 2015

My Bento Box Journey! (Part One)

Hey Moll!!

It's been FOREVER since we talked! (i say that every post, don't I?)
I've just been SUPER BUSY with school & work & attempting a youtube schedule. (ha.)

So anyways, as you could assume from the title, this is a post about Bento Boxes!!

A bento box (or just, bento) is basically a Japanese lunch box, but actually planned out & balanced. The best ratio for a bento is 1:1:2 ; carb:protein:vegetables. There's tons of things you can put in a bento and basically the idea (for me personally) is that having & using a bento will do a number of things for me!!

1) Help me loose weight
2) Help me eat healthier
3) Help with portion control
4) Help to not snack constantly
5) Help to have more energy
6) Help me be kawaii af, always.

So, my bento will always be somewhere around high 400/low 500 calories. Which, is a lot more than what I've been used to eating for lunch. Usually my lunch is 200-ish calories. 2 pieces of processed bread with 1 piece of processed lunch meat, 1 piece of processed cheese, & some mayo. So, not healthy. 

I stopped drinking soda two months ago and from just that alone, have lost 25 pounds! (so far!) So i decided to take the next time and slowly, I have been moderating how much I eat. Now I'm ready to look at what I eat. 

When I started counting calories exactly 76 days ago, my daily calorie allowance was 1864. I went over a couple times, but more often than not I was under from anywhere between 200 & 1000. PLEASE make sure you eat at LEAST 1200 calories a day! It's super unhealthy to not! (I wasn't a good example in this instance, haha!) Since losing weight, my new calorie goal effective of today is 1610. And today, I was 200 calories under!! Here's a quick run down of my day's food, in case you're curious.

Breakfast: Onion Bagel
Lunch: Bento! My bento today had mini black bean burgers, white rice, spinach, broccoli, & tamagoyaki.
Dinner: Crockpot chicken & potatoes!
"snacks": 2 glasses of milky Tazo chai tea, & one orange creamsicle bar

(small edit to add photos)
Here's what my first two bento looked like!


Day One: 1 Cup of Rice (which I soon learned was WAY too much for me) 1 cup of broccoli, 1 cup of spinach, 1 tamagoyaki (egg), and 3 mini black bean burgers!
Total Calories: 510


Day Two: 1/2 cup of rice, 1 cup of broccoli, 1 cup of spinach, 1 tamagoyaki, 12 water chesnuts, & 3 mini bean sprout & beef burgers!
Total Calories: 422

And, in case you were wondering, after eating my bento I had nearly no desire to snack!! I felt a lot fuller & have more energy than normal. It's currently 2:30am, and yet here I am, completely wide awake and not tired at all. Which is odd since I am usually completely worn out by 10pm.

I'll keep you updated as the weeks go on and let you know how much I've lost and if I think bento is worth all the "hassle" (which it really isn't when you can premake things)

Alrighty then!
Thank you sososo much for taking time to read my little blog! I can't wait to talk with you again!

In the comments let me know, have you done a bento lifestyle? What do you think about it? If you haven't, would you try it out?

<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular posts

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik